Re: Antenna lead ins, feedthrough bulkheads... a question

If the antennas are not grounded, and you get a thunder storm in the area
while the coax is disconnected, remember the capacitance of the coax. It
makes a good capacitor for the energy induced into the antenna due to the
lightning. Make sure that the coax ends are in a safe place. I have seen
arcs across a type N and a PL-259 connector during a storm.

You might consider a high quality RF switch that will ground the center
conductor when the antenna is disconnected from the rig.

73
Glenn
WB4UIV