Re: KR-500 ball bearing supplier in UK

Hi Chris, G4SDG

The spare parts for KR-500 where available few years ago in England
from SMC South Midlands Communications Ltd. in S.M. House, School
Close, Chandlers Ford Industrial Estate,Eastleigh, Hampshire SO5 3BY. U.K

Telephone: [+44] ([0] 703) 255111
Fax:            [+44] ([0] 703) 263507

I purchased from SMC a lot of spare parts for my KR-500 and KR-400
rotators because the spare where not available in Italy early in 1992 but I
really don't know if actually SMC still have the above spare at stock and if
the Tel/Fax are actually valid numbars.

For KR-500 the ball bearing ball diameter is 0.312 (5/16 inch) and the
catalog numbar is S8000209

Along the rusty ball bearing I suggest you to replace both bearing holders
(33, 34) even if apparently they are not damaged because if only one tooth
of the holder fails then the spacing between the balls becames smaller and
the boom shaft tube (29) fall down because of the antenna weight causing
the distance between the assmb tube gear (31) and the assmb gear pinion (9)
not to engage the teeth one in to the other or very small.

The catalog numbar for the bearing holder is 500HU/33

Best 73" de

i8CVS Domenico