Re: sewer pipe

On 30 Apr 2006 at 13:01, Robert V Johnson wrote:

> Hello
> Don't be alarmed by the subject!..If I use sewer pipe (white) ASTM D2729
> as a radome over a S band helix will it adversly affect the
> characteristics of the antenna?  I tried the microwave oven thing and it
> did not get warm.
> 73 Bob W7LRD
> Seattle

ABS is not recommended it heat in microwaves. I was visiting Goddard Center in Green belt some time
ago and they have a huge white radome of an XYZ material that i failed to ask for its nature? On
the other side of the road there was a kind of open lot warehouse field where i detect some ham
antennas (HF) and some satellite antennas?  there was some canopy laying on the ground probably
useless? I was trigger by the composite type of material to a point to jump over the fence but i
refrain my temptation as patrol surveillance car was slowing near me...(Joke)

My wife says and i quote "What you are looking for in a scrap yard" end of the quote. I reply there
is satellite things there... We finally drove by the hotel and i remain with a lot of
questions..too curious! could be?

"It is not the class of license the amateur holds, but the class of the amateur that holds the

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
Skype VE2DWE