Re: sewer pipe

On 30 Apr 2006 at 13:01, Robert V Johnson wrote:

> Hello
> Don't be alarmed by the subject!..If I use sewer pipe (white) ASTM D2729
> as a radome over a S band helix will it adversly affect the
> characteristics of the antenna?  I tried the microwave oven thing and it
> did not get warm.
>
> 73 Bob W7LRD
> Seattle

ABS is not recommended it heat in microwaves. I was visiting Goddard Center in Green belt some time
ago and they have a huge white radome of an XYZ material that i failed to ask for its nature? On
the other side of the road there was a kind of open lot warehouse field where i detect some ham
antennas (HF) and some satellite antennas?  there was some canopy laying on the ground probably
useless? I was trigger by the composite type of material to a point to jump over the fence but i
refrain my temptation as patrol surveillance car was slowing near me...(Joke)

My wife says and i quote "What you are looking for in a scrap yard" end of the quote. I reply there
is satellite things there... We finally drove by the hotel and i remain with a lot of
questions..too curious! could be?

"-"
"It is not the class of license the amateur holds, but the class of the amateur that holds the
license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
Skype VE2DWE