Re: Info on P3E

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Guelzow" <peter.guelzow@kourou.de>
To: "i8cvs" <domenico.i8cvs@tin.it>
Cc: "AMSAT-BB" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2006 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Info on P3E

> Hi Domenico,
>
> thanks for your message.
> >
> Yes - the P5A experimental (S/X) transponder can be configured as a
> linear transponder for users and will be available than.
>
> However, the flight module is not yet finished and for technical reasons
> some details might change.
>
> best wishes
> 73s Peter, DB2OS

Hi Peter,DB2OS

While the S/X flight module is goin on what is the planned power for
the X transmitter when it is configured as a transponder ?

What is the gain of the X band dish of P3E ?

The X band TX can be seen in your P3E documentation  while Michael
OH2AUE is working on it and the X band dish is depicted over one
leg of the bird but no data are available.

For AO40 a solid state 16 watt pep GaAsFET linear amplifier and
alternatively a 50 watt pep TWT amplifier where installed with a 20 dBi
RHCP circular horn so that our downink calculations for AO40 where
based on the average of +35 dBW pep EIRP

It should be very nice to have the above information to verify the
new downlink requirements for the X band of P3E

TNX and 73" de

i8CVS Domenico