portable sat opps

                      W6GMT
                 Brock Thomsen
Winter QTH                    Summer QTH
1721 Melody Lane          PO Box 222
Bakersfield, CA 93308    Marcell MN 56657
Kern County DM05         Itasca County EN37

W6GMT Travel plans for the trip east.

I will leave Bakersfield on Monday the 17th of April. I will be active
On AO-27 AND SO-50 only

I have both my 857 and 847 mounted in the truck. The loops have
worked in the past for the FM birds I will stop for all passes. At
night or a place with a lot on interest I will put up my ELK log.

  We will head east on I40 stopping in Chambers AZ (DM55) for the
first night. Tuesday AM I will work east to Albuquerque then north on
I25 to the small town of  Trinidad CO there I will branch off on back
roads heading for a stop in Brush CO this will put me in the rare
grids of DM87,DM88 and DM89 plus brush is in DN80.  Wednesday I will
head east to North Platte NE then North to Valentine NE that would
put me in DN91 and DN92 for the afternoon passes.

There seems to be a lot of interest in SD so I will spend the day. I
am open to requests for grids in the eastern half of the state. I
plan to spend the night in Redfield SD (EN04).  Friday I will head
for Fargo ND (EN16) and the Red River Radio Amateurs Ham Fest. Sunday
the final leg to Marcell and my Summer QTH.

I will send QSL cards one for each state worked with grids noted.

73
Brock