RE: Another interesting preamp story

Jerry K5OE/M0MOE wrote:

Installing a diplexer on the 70 cm input is a cheap and effective
solution, but there is a penalty in system performance as you are
introducing a couple dB loss before the first active device (the preamp).

Wayne W9AE replies:

First I want to thank everybody for their great responses, especially
I8CVS and WA6FWF.

Second, I want to encourage everybody to look at the "432 MHz filter"
link that I8CVS mentioned.  http://www.k3pgp.org/432filter.htm
This 432 MHz bandpass filter can be homebrewed and it only has 0.062 dB
attenuation in the passband.  It won't noticeably degrade your receive
noise figure.

Can anybody recommend a source for 1-inch square (brass or copper)
tubing?  McMaster-Carr is my usual source for stuff like this, but they
don't seem to have square tubing in this size.  Or should I just build
the tube using "blank" PCB material?

Wayne Estes W9AE
Oakland, Oregon, USA, CN83ik