Re: Another interesting preamp story

On 29 Mar 2006 at 21:28, Anthony Monteiro wrote:

> And I personally recall (but only faintly) that some ARRL
> publication from ancient times said that the problem was
> the 3rd harmonic but this was also wrong. Unfortunately,
> old myths die hard!
>
> For the right description, see the AMSAT web page:
> http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/articles/Mode-J
>
> 73,
> Tony AA2TX
> ----

I always try to find the source of the problem of the TOO MUCH ERP station!  Who tell them to
always crank up their power? I found it!!! AMSAT-NA is the source of the problem?  Read below what
i taken from the above mentioned AMSAT web page:http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/articles/Mode-J

"...Several solutions exist and an easy one is to just reduce your transmit power. This may solve
the problem but it will probably limit your ability to operate when satellite conditions are
difficult such as near AOS or LOS or when the satellite transponder is especially busy."

"it will probably limit your ability to operate when satellite conditions are difficult...such as
...when the satellite transponder is especially busy." Go ahead press the pedal to the floor...

This mean in clear you cannot used low power when the satellite is busy!!! Bad choice of words or
bad explanations? be my guest and guess!

"-"
"It is not the class of license the amateur holds, but the class of the amateur that holds the
license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
Skype VE2DWE