RE: Another interesting preamp story

>   But the example I was disagreeing with  was the use of a
> diplexer on the 70cm side only to attenuate 2M harmonics.

I agree with you.  If a diplexer in the 70cm side fixes the problem, it's
fundamental overload or maybe an intermod.  If the diplexer has to be put in
the 2m side, then it could be harmonic related (though again, not
necessarily, could also be a host of other things that are fixed by
filtering the Tx).