Re: Another interesting preamp story

Joe K0VTY wrote:

...Separate ground shielded coax for the DC to each unit...

Wayne W9AE replies:

Has anybody found that this is necessary for SSB Electronic preamps?  I
power my 2m and 70cm SSB preamps with (unshielded) rotor cable
conductors.  I never get desense on linear transponders, but sometimes I
hear a burst of noise on the downlink when I transmit at high power in
FM mode.  The problem goes away when I reduce the uplink power.  It only
occurs when the antennas point in certain directions.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Oakland, Oregon, USA, CN83ik