Ground wire on a dish?

 I have a K5GNA BBQ grill dish/downconverter combo that I'm in the process of
hooking up. Since I have a bunch of RG-6 Quad shield sattellite coax, I was
planning on using that for the run from the downconverter to the shack. One
length I have has a so called "messenger" or ground wire attached to it. I was
wondering if there was any advantage or disadvantage to using this wire to
ground the dish through one of the garden variety T.V. grounding blocks and my
ground rod. As irt stands now the dish is mounted on an insulated cross boom.
Would it be waste of time to ground the dish in this way?
Tnx and 73,
Michael, W4HIJ