Omni antennas for AO-51

Hello everybody:

I will appreciate some opinions and experiences on
omnidirectional Echo mode L/S antennas.
Something easy to start on this modes as I have no
AZ/EL rotator.
I was thinking on a dual mode (or two separate) patch
antennas but I will wellcome as well any feeddback
about other sort such as quadrifilar helix. Though
patch are not exactly omnidirectional antennas I
remember I read about its using for LEO sat using.
I now that some gain could help but by now I would be
happy if I could listen the downlink on 2.4GHz.
Thanks in advance.
EA4DUT, Angel