Re: ISS on Voice

I worked Bill on voice again during the pass you are talking about.
I didn't hear an I2 station calling Bill but Bill calling an I2 station.
The ISS is not using a repeater but just a common V/U FM radio.
His hamradio voice channel is probably 145200khz FM with a +600khz shift.

I worked Bill using a 12 el. yagi and 50W, he was 59+20/30dB.

I worked him from 3A using a 4 elements yagi and 50W.

In my opinion it's just a question of luck. EU stations often reported
qrm on Vhf frequencies and it's easy to have someone on 145200 making
a local qso..... plus the ISS callers !

Everytime I heard Bill on Voice I got the qso (3 times since I'm not
very active).

73
Fabio
IZ1EGT / F5VKV