ISS on Voice

Hi to the list,
it is a lot of time that I am trying to contact the ISS on voice.
I can Hear Bill NA1ISS making qso with peoples around the world.
I am trying all the time calling on 145.200 FM but never have luck.
Today for the first time I heard an I2 on 145.800 calling Bill.
I leave in South Italy and the I2 is in North so impossible to hear him on
simplex.
Now I ask should I hear my transmission back on 145.800 how it works with
the satellites?
Otherwise it sounds me strange first that Bill cannot hear me and second
that I could hear an I2 in simplex or maybe he was a pirate using an I2
call.
I have tried with 5 10 50 and also 100 watts with no luck.
Please anybody can point me to the right way to contact the ISS on voice?
Thanks

73 de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
WinBollet Tester