Re: Another interesting pre-amp story

Hi

On the Landwehr VOX switching

I have been using the Landwehr preamps on 2 and 70 for over 16 years
The text on the VOX operations:
In transmitting mode a new designed RF-VOX becomes active . The
switch-over
time is only determined by the magnetic energy , stored in the coils of
the relays
and not through a big capacitor. Thus there will be not clicking of
relays
in the SSB mode.   The pre-amplifier will not be damaged during
transmission even
if the supply voltage is connected.    Vox operation is permitted up to
150 watts
Higher output power is handled with PTT

Note the RF-VOX with magnetic energy storage in the relay coils

I have run the preamps on pairs of KLM 22c and 40 cx's for many years.
16 foot fiber cross boom and factory power dividers..
Currently I run only one each of those antennas.

Joe K0VTY
Amsat # 860