Re: Space-X launch

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 11:28:53PM +0000, Cliff Buttschardt wrote:
> Looks like the vehicle reached lift-off and then rotated slightly.
> The webcam then died.  Probably will require a few hours to find out
> what might have happened.    Cliff K7RR

Unfortunately, the rocket was lost:
  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11997932

An excerpt from the article:
  "'We did lose the vehicle,' Gwynne Shotwell, the company's vice
  president for business development, told reporters from SpaceX's
  headquarters in El Segundo, Calif. Shotwell could not provide
  details about the cause of the launch failure, but a brief shot
  from a camera mounted on the rocket itself showed a whirl of flame
  around the rocket's bottom just before contact was lost."

--
Katie Bechtold         http://hoteldetective.org/