TAMSAT go to LAO during 11-16 April 2006

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you very much to AO-51 controllers that you opened
the mode of the satellite to FM repeater during 26 December 2005 through 3
January 2006 in the event of 25th Asia Pacific Scout Jamboree 2005.  This
caused Thai youth and including HAM of Thailand QSO with HAM in Thailand
(HS/E2 Station) and a lot of HAM in Asia.  The results are that Thai youth
should have the knowledge of satellite technology, HAM in Thailand will
understand about contact  through satellite much more, and the solid
relationship among HAM in Asia.

During 11-16 April 2006, we, TAMSAT group, will go to Lao.  At that time, it
is a “Song Kran” Festival which is like the new year of people in South East
Asia (Thailand, Burma, Lao, Cambodia, and Malaysia).  For this trip, we will
have a meeting with HAM of Lao (XW Station) and will have the contact
through all the HAM satellite that travel past Laos.  We will use the Laos’s
HAM station to QSO with HAM in Asia that the satellite will cover.

Therefore, AO-51 satellite would be one of the satellite that TAMSAT will
use in this QSO.  We would like to ask you, controllers of AO-51 once again
to open the operation mode of the satellite to be FM Repeater during 10-16
April 2006.  Could you please set the operation mode of the satellite as
followed:-

FM Repeater, V/U, High Power Mode
Uplink: 145.920 Mhz FM, 67 Hz PL Tone
Downlink 435.300 Mhz FM
FM Repeater, V/U, No PL Tone
Uplink: 145.880 Mhz FM
Downlink 435.150 Mhz FM

With these 2 mode of operation, HAM will have more chance to contact.  From
the event during 26 Dec 2005 – 3 Jan 2006, we found that the contact through
AO-51 have some RF noise problem from China and Indonesia station.  They
were using 145.920 MHz frequency for non-HAM activities so there were a lot
of interrupted signal all the time.  We would like to ask for the operation
of the satellite that using PL Tone and not using PL Tone.  This would give
HAM to know the difference between these two connections and the amount of
the channel greater than 1 channel would make us contact  with HAM station
much more.

For the major satellites that TAMSAT will use for QSO would be AO-7, FO-29,
SO-50, AO-51, VO-52 satellites.  Especially VO-52, we intend it to send the
downlink in FM mode which can be received at frequency 145.900 MHz for HAM
in Thailand that most of them using in frequency VHF 145 MHz can receive the
signal.  TAMSAT will request the result report of receiving the signal for
SWL QSL Card for this QSO.

TAMSAT group would like to thank you in advance for your help setting the
operation mode of AO-51 satellite and would like to invite all HAM of Asia
to contact through the satellite during 10 – 16 April 2006 ( 10-11 April is
the time of traveling from Thailand to Laos and 15-16 would be the time
traveling back to Thailand, so there would be no contact through satellites
in those days)

Best Regards,

TAMSAT GROUP