Re: My preamp coming out...

>>> Luc Leblanc VE2DWE <lucleblanc6@videotron.ca> 03/22/06 2:02
> From a RX signal who was never indicated on the
>FT-847 meter i was able to get a S9 plus 60db on
>the same meter!!

Because you amplified everything including noise.
When that signal goes away, You will now probably
have S9 noise where you had S0 noise before.

THe problem of adding the pre-amp at the receiver
is that you are not only amplifying the signal, but also
the added noise of the coax.  Putting it at the antenna
you are only amplifying the signal and only the noise
at the antenna, not also the noise of the coax.

Bob, Wb4APR

 (still tryng to figure out the problem..) I quickly installed the preamp at the
transceiver not even at the antenna and i got this result.?

Many folks always recommend to install the preamp at the antenna feed point to acheive the best NF
figures but when you got a full led scale i am just asking why should i put the preamp there?  to
be battered by the WX ?

With the official spring start yesterday it will be now possible to make further test but it is
still hard to believe how much amplification this little box can do. I have also an other one in
standby on VHF just awaiting to be tested too.

For those who are thinking that my FT-847 is probably deaf or dead i just checked it with a cushman
signal generator and he is better than the Yaesu specs.

Too bad for suit sat it will be an excellent source of weak signals.

A former preamps unbeleiver...

"-"
"It is not the class of license the amateur holds, but the class of the amateur that holds the
license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
Skype VE2DWE