My preamp comming out....

Hi Everyone
I will let you in on a interesting tidbit regarding preamps. I run a 847 with
built in preamps for 144/440. Most guys that go to external preamps, go for
mast mounted preamps and then go in to the menu, where they set the 847(or
whatever radio) to send 12 volts up the coax to turn the mast mounted preamps
on. This turns off the internal preamps. I use mast mounted preamps with
external switching for the mast mounted preamps, this allows me to run the
internal preamps as well as the mast mounted preamps at the same time. I have
proven to myself that this works very well over the last several years. I work
the sats from AOS/LOS with oh-so tiny yagis.
JerryVE6AB