My preamp coming out...

Yes i make my coming out...

I was not a preamp fan. I was not beleiving too much in preamps virtue but i should now getting out
the closet in admitting that i try a hamtronic LNG 432 on a SO-50 near overhead pass.

Results:

>From a RX signal who was never indicated on the FT-847 meter i was able to get a S9 plus 60db on
the same meter!! (still tryng to figure out the problem..) I quickly installed the preamp at the
transceiver not even at the antenna and i got this result.?

Many folks always recommend to install the preamp at the antenna feed point to acheive the best NF
figures but when you got a full led scale i am just asking why should i put the preamp there?  to
be battered by the WX ?

With the official spring start yesterday it will be now possible to make further test but it is
still hard to believe how much amplification this little box can do. I have also an other one in
standby on VHF just awaiting to be tested too.

For those who are thinking that my FT-847 is probably deaf or dead i just checked it with a cushman
signal generator and he is better than the Yaesu specs.

Too bad for suit sat it will be an excellent source of weak signals.

A former preamps unbeleiver...

"-"
"It is not the class of license the amateur holds, but the class of the amateur that holds the
license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
Skype VE2DWE