RE: SUN keps ?

Harmen VE3EMA wrote:

>So how does InstantTrack track the sun and moon?
>I have always used this program and the antenna's shadow generated from the
>sun to check my antenna alignment.  Perhaps this method is not as accurate
>as I thought????

It's entirely possible that IT special-cases these two bodies,
and uses the appropriate algorithms to calculate their
positions. The more accuracy you want, the more
calculation is involved. The full VSOP87 calculation
involves several hundred terms, but can easily predict
things like eclipses.

See, for example, _Astronomical Algorithms_ by Meeus.
He also provides simplified calculation methods for when
you only need moderate accuracy.

Grid: CN89mg                       pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W     - Hospital/Shafte