Re: SUN keps ?

Simon,

Yes, truly!  In this day of satellites and cell phones and other miracles,
it is quite humbling to read the story about the true geniuss' of the
past...and it takes me back to my early days as a math student and my
amazement in reading the history of scientists and mathematicians that have
laid the foundations of our knowledge and technology.

Most often the study of physics and mathematics glosses over the history of
their achievements.  One such discovery of a history of atomic science
revealed to me the true story and workings of the scientific mind.  At the
age of 16 that was a wonder and gave much appreciation for those early
pathfinders.  Following in their steps of puzzling the observations of
their experiments and the process they went thru to make sense and
eventually explain the workings of the universe...wow, that is a story!

It is this, that attracts one to want to follow them.
This what we should be exposing to young people...by use of ham radio and
amateur science.

Thanks,
Ed