Another antenna question ( last one tonight!)

Ok, another question here. When referring to spacing between the elements on a
yagi antenna are we talking center to center spacing of the elements or the
front of one element to the rear of the next? Some articles have diagrams but
not all do so I'm wondering about this as well. In my case I'm using the Kent
Britain cheap yagi designs and the element spacings are all measured from the
reflector forward and no indication is given as to whether center to center or
otherwise.
Michael, W4HIJ