Re: Cross boom length?

Although what Joe says is true,  the longer cross boom places the rotator
under more mechanical stress from wind forces, since the antennas are on a
longer lever arm (greater vector arm) from the center of rotation.

I have used a 60-inch (5-ft) sched-80 aluminum cross boom with my Yaesu
B5400 which supports an 18-foot long M2 436CP42 and a KLM-22C (about the
same length as the M2) on the other end.  In the middle is a 33-inch dish
for 2400 MHz.  I have not experienced any cross talk of the antennas in
full-duplex mode-U, L or S.  I removed my 1268 equipment last summer and
installed them inside my 2m eme array so that they could also be used for
terrestrial communications on 1296.

The satellite array is mounted on a radio shack tripod tower and sits about
12-feet above the flat roof of my house:
http://www.qsl.net/al7eb/sat.htm

73's Ed - KL7UW