From: "i8cvs" <domenico.i8cvs@tin.it>
To: "Joe Westbrook" <k7zt@cox.net>; "AMSAT-BB" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:32 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Yaesu G5400 Help

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Westbrook" <k7zt@cox.net>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 6:41 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Yaesu G5400 Help

> All:
> I'm having an issue with my G5400 and  W0LMD Sat Trac Jr.,   The problem
is as
> follows:  In manual mode, the azimuth rotator works correctly, I can
rotate
> the entire range and the display is perfectly calibrated.

Hi Joe, K7ZT

Having the above working correctly go to the rear panel of the control box
and look for the 8 pin DIN connector marked "External control"
Looking it from the outside and beginning from the key while rotating
clokwise the pins are 6-1-4-2-5-3-7 and the center pin is 8
Connect a DC voltmeter between pin 6 the positive and 8 the ground.
Manually rotate the rotor full left and go to South 180° through West
In this position the voltage between 6 and 8 should be 0 volt
Manually rotate the rotor clockwise to North 360° or 0° and the voltage
between pins 6-8 should be 2.5 volt DC
Continue to manually rotate clockwise the rotor from North 0° to fully
South 180° passing through Est.
At 180° South the voltage between pin 6 and 8 should be now 5 volt DC
The entire voltages between pins 6 and 8 rotating from 180°S - 270°W -
(360°-0°N) - 90°E and again to 180°S should range from 0 to 5 volt DC
If you can pass the above test your control box is calibrated and you must
locate the problem in another issue of the automatic control system.
If you need copy of the electric schematic diagram or copy of the manual
please let me know.

Best 73" de

i8CVS Domenico

When in auto mode,