RE: Does anyone have experience in using a GS-232 interface with a Yeasu 5400 Az-El rotators?

Hi Dave,

I use the GS-232 to computer control my Yaesu G-5500 rotator.  Basically I
have no complains about the unit.  I have used it with Nova and WISPDDE and
it works perfectly.

One advantage of this unit for me is that, it connects directly to the
RS-232 port of the computer, and this allows me to swap computers easily.
The only issue with this unit is that, it is rather costly for such a small
box which has no display and buttons other than an off/on switch and a power
on LED.

If you are looking for an interface between the computer and rotator, maybe
W0LMD's satellite trackers or the LVB tracker might be a better choice.
There are a few others around, but I can't remember it off hand.  Honestly,
if I decide to purchase my next rotator for satellite use, I will go for one
of these units.

73,
Sion Chow Q. C.,
9W2QC.