AO-51

Greetings from new york

I recently built a 7 element UHF 435mhz beam with about 14 dollars worth of materials. Design was based on ARRL antenna book design figures.
I used it to replace a 6X6 RHCP homebrew beam.

I mounted the 7 element horizontally inclined 10 degrees above the horizon so I could use it for both satellite and terrestial SSB.

It outperforms the old CP yagi significantly.

On another note; there was lots of information about ECHO around the time of launch. Could someone please update us on the various information regarding operations and the health of the satellite.
I'm particularly interested in the definition of "High Power" mode.

I second the inquiry about a new software fix to increase power.

Take care, pat N2OEQ 32323