AO-16 questions

Hello all,
  Last month a request was made by AMSAT Argentina for people to send in
telemetry from LUSAT as it was going through a period of full sunshine.  This
I have been doing with temperatures around 21 to 23 degrees Celcius recorded.
  Recently I pulled out my AO-16 modem to get some telemetry for comparison.
As far as I can determine, its temperatures are around the 25 to 28 degree
mark.  Still pumping out 2.8W of PSK.  I'm using equations listed in the
tlmdc4.zip package from the AMSAT FTP server.

My questions are
- Is anyone still actively controlling it?  The last message from a command
station is dated 18th feb 2003.
- Does the S-band transmitter work?  The telemetry channel 39 shows an output
of 700mW.  Tried listening on 2401.143 but heard nothing.
- Would lowering the output power reduce internal temperature, or would it
cause more problems?

73 de David VK5DG