Homebrew Rotator Question

I have been looking for any article or information on adding potentiometer
control to an Alliance U-100 or U-110 type rotator - the type that can be
configured on its side and allow a cross-boom to go thru it.

Does anyone have any information on this? I have just about burnt up Google
and can only find manual type systems, not any potentiometer / servo type
setups

Some have added an external Pot with a weighted arm. How about an internal
modification to add a pot to the gear train?

Thanks

Paul P

K0PRP