RE: AMSAT Journal info

Hi Joe et al,

The expected life of commercially pressed CD's is extremely long and since
AMSAT would be selling this type of media, I believe this would be another
good reason for AMSAT to make the journal available on CD.

BTW:
There is some controversy regarding the life of recordable CD's such as CD-R
and CD-RW.  Claims of 2-5 years by some experts are disputed by the OSTA
(Optical Storage Technology Association). In a report at:
http://www.osta.org/technology/cdqa13.htm they suggest that recordable CD-R
media can last 50 to 200 years. YMMV

Steve .. AI7W