Re: AMSAT Journal info

Quoting Ed Long <wa4swj@hotmail.com>:

> Paul,
>
> I have been the Editor of The AMSAT Journal since Q4 of 2004. As far as
> I know
> there are no electronic archives that are available to download older
> copies
> of the Journal. There may be copies in the archives of the past Journal
> Editors, but I don't know of any active, consolidated repository of
> copies of
> the older issues. Each PDF file I have created for each issue is at
> least 12
> MB and would take hours to download even with a high speed connection.
>
> Sorry for the bad news but that's all I know at present.
>
> Welcome to AMSAT! It's a great group. If you're going to Dayton this
> year a
> number of us will be there at our booth that you could visit with.
>
> Regards and 73,

Ed:

Like Paul, I've very much enjoyed reading through the 90's issues of the
journal on CD, and I would happily pay a similar amount for a CD comprising
more recent issues. Alternatively, if a members-only section of the website
is in the future, it would be nifty to have a few past years of material
there in order to help new members get up to speed.

73, Bruce
VE9QRP