Re: [sarex] SuitSat-1 Final Experiment Proposal

On 27 Feb 2006 at 13:35, Pat Kilroy wrote:

> REASONING
> The temperature of the suit and its contents will
> rise substantially leading up to its de-orbit time.
> There might be a period of time when the batteries
> warm up enough and "wake up" for a final period of
> discharge enough to allow SuitSat-1 to come to
> life at or a little before system meltdown.
>
> Seconds, minutes or hours of warm life under these
> conditions?  Who knows!  But, ...
>
> Will any of us be patiently listening for its
> truly "final words"?
>
> Just a thought to share.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pat Kilroy, N8PK
> AMSAT Area Coordinator
> Maryland-DC Area
> http://www.patkilroy.com/amsat-dc/

Challenging proposal but what about the helmet switch box and antenna? Is the
reentry forces will melt down or dismantle this fragile setup first even before
the inside temp can rise?

As for the temperature from 12C to 15C its not so cold near room temperature
(15C).

Remain to know where this will happen. Over the oceans 2/3 of the world! but
anything is possible even the impossible.

"-"
that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
Skype VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe
With a NASA front car plate. "I NEED MY SPACE"
Just recently looking  through the fence at Goddard to see the club antennas
(site was close re: sunday)... Hope it was the right site it was on the other
side of the road facing the complex.