Re: Re: *SUITSAT* in the classroom

At 11:45 AM 2/24/2006 +0100, cor PD0RKC wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>Bruce his story (below) is very importand to promote amateur radio to
>childeren (and elder people).
>I have a school presentation at march about ISS (but I will also involve the
>SUITSAT project).
>Bruce good idea that you involve (in your presentation) my friend Maryam
>(9K2MD) from Kuwait.
> I (and others) have learned Maryam in the past about Space communications.
>If others like to use that story for a presentation you can use the info
on my
>page:
>http://pd0rkc.ontwikkel.nl/9k2md.html (a young lady from Kuwait talked to her
>favorite cosmonaut).
>Click on the pictures for more large size!
>
>For other pages I have copyright rules (any requests let me know!).
>
>73's Cor PD0RKC
>http://pd0rkc.ontwikkel.nl

Cor,

What a website you have!  I could spend days investigating all you have
there.  Especially nice the story of 9K2MD, Maryam's contact with NA0ISS.
It brings some feeling of being there and what is must be like to be a
young woman ham in Kuwait.  Our newspapers bring such terrible news from
the middle-east.  This is a wonderful story.  I can relate a little bit as
only a month ago I talked with Bill McArthur to give him his 50th US State
for WAS Award (from space), but I am a 48 year veteran at ham radio..

I will look at Bruce's presentation to see of maybe presenting it for our
local ham club.  Thankyou for your efforts and several others who spent
many hours and days tracking SuitSat.  I briefly copied it on the first day
(4Feb.) but since it never comes any closer than 1350-km it was very
difficult copy with even eme antennas.

Hoping that approval will be given to a SuitSat-2!
73's,
Ed - KL7UW