Re: SuitSat Status 2/23/06

On 23 Feb 2006 at 19:39, ka3hdo@comcast.net wrote:

excerpt.

-We captured the imagination of students and the general public worldwide
through this unique experiment
-The media attention to the SuitSat project was tremendous
-We have had well over 9 million internet hits on www.suitsat.org web site
-Our student's creative artwork, signatures and voices have been carried in
space and are on-board the spacesuit---the students are now space travelers in
the Suit as it circles the Earth.  This was a collaboration with the NASA
Explorer Schools.

Now the dust settle down and with this great PR success how this experiment can
have a direct effect on us? Aside of this great visibility is it possible to
believe we can fly our 2 next HEO via the space shuttle? And after achieving a
Molnya transfer orbit?

Is it possible to explain to the right person this experiment will not be
possible if there was not some space ham freak spending some nights in the cold
installing in hurry their pieces of equipment to catch this suit?

Could be someone will be more willing to send back the elevator? To be able to
still have  "space radio freaks" they should be interested to remain active but
without HEO satellites i doubt many will not be there for any future
experiments.

Again the suitsat experience was a great PR success. Can we gain from this
experiment i asked the question?

P.S.  No need to answer just ask the question for yourself?

"-"
that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583