Band Hi-jacking and CUTE 1.7

On 23 Feb 2006 at 13:02, Allan Copland wrote:

> Being serious for a minute,  all this has been said before... GM4IHJ
> was warning of the hijacking of the amateur bands many years ago.

Here is the last news here in Canada:

Canadian Amateurs to Lose 220 - 222 MHz.

Effective 25 January, 2006, despite the protests and the efforts of Radio
Amateurs of Canada, the Canadian Amateur Service lost the 220 - 222 MHz portion
of the 220 - 225 MHz band. Details are contained in Canada Gazette Notice DGTP-
004-05, "Proposals and Changes to the Spectrum in Certain Bands Below 1.7 GHz"
available on the Industry Canada web site at:

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/epic/internet/insmt-gst.nsf/en/sf08494e.html  .

You feel secure on UHF? look what i discover while listening for CUTE 1.7 at
437.385MHZ!!!!!

Frq Tx (MHz) 	    Frq Rx (MHz) 	 Location. 	            Licensee
437.387500 	    437.387500 	ST-BRUNO           Coast-guard

And this a bit more troubling. The capital letter means this service is
primary.....

Spectrum allocation

430 - 432
RADIOLOCATION
Amateur

432 - 438
RADIOLOCATION
Amateur
Earth exploration  by satellite (active) 5.279A
5.282

438 - 450
RADIOLOCATION 5.285
Amateur 5.284
5.286

5.282 In the bands 435-438 MHz, 1 260-1 270 MHz, 2 400-2 450 MHz, 3 400-3 410
MHz (in Regions 2 and 3 only) and 5 650-5 670 MHz, the amateur-satellite
service may operate subject to not causing harmful interference to other
services operating in accordance with the Table (see No. 5.43). Administrations
authorizing such use shall ensure that any harmful interference caused by
emissions from a station in the amateur-satellite service is immediately
eliminated in accordance with the provisions of No. 25.11. The use of the bands
1 260-1 270 MHz and 5 650-5 670 MHz by the amateur-satellite service is limited
to the Earth-to-space direction.

5.284 Additional allocation: in Canada, the band 440-450 MHz is also allocated
to the amateur service on a secondary basis.

5.285 Different category of service: in Canada, the allocation of the band 440-
450 MHz to the radiolocation service is on a primary basis (see No. 5.33).

5.286 The band 449.75-450.25 MHz may be used for the space operation service
(Earth-to-space) and the space research service (Earth-to-space), subject to
agreement obtained under No. 9.21.

A some look at me as a "Hail twister..." i does not want to play the trouble
maker but if i read correctly "Administrations authorizing such use shall
ensure that any harmful interference caused by emissions from a station in the
amateur-satellite service is immediately eliminated in accordance with the
provisions of No. 25.11."

Just remain to know what they mean by "ADMINISTRATIONS" and by " any harmful
interference"? Is the immediately eliminated mean that we have to switch off
cute 1.7 over Canada?

"-"
that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE