CUTE-1.7 Over West Malaysia

Hello All,

This morning at 0515 Hours Malaysian Standard Time or 2109 Hours I woke up
to watch the launch of Cute-1.7 together with the other satellites live on
http://jaxa.tv/

And then later, at 0709 Malaysian Standard Time or 2309 UTC, I had an 82
degrees pass of Cute-1.7 over West Malaysia.

I was tracking Cute-1.7 using the 2nd set of preliminary keps and managed to
copy the following CW telemetry on 437.385 +/-:

cute 1.7 6782000a00000832
cute 1.7 6782000a0006
cute 1.7 6782000a00000832 cute 1.7 6782000a0006

I tried to feed this data into the CW telemetry software released by the
Cute-1.7 team but got an error instead.

The setup here consists of ICOM IC-910H, 8 Element Vertically Polarized Quad
for 70 CM, SSB SP-7000 70 CM Preamp.  The station is also auto controlled
with WISP and WISPDDE.

I would like to wish a big Congratulation to the Cute-1.7 Team for their
successful launch.  It is with great sadness that I could not operate the
1.2 GHz uplink when it is turned on in the future, but nevertheless, I am
very happy to be able to see a satellite going up live, and then hearing its
first telemetry about one and a half hours later.

Good luck to all with Cute-1.7.

P.S. I have an MP3 recording of this pass.  I will try to release it soon on
my website, but this may take some time.  If anyone likes a copy, kindly
send me an email and I would be more than glad to send you the recording as
an email attachment.

73,
Sion Chow Q. C.,
9W2QC.