RE: Isolation transformer and 9600 baud.

John,

Interesting.  I remember a discussion a while back about rigs, even with
proper 9600 baud I/O, not having response down to DC.  So score one for the
larger, relatively, transformers.  Thanks for the correction!  Another
factor which occurred to me is that many rigs require much larger drive
voltages for 9600 baud.  The FT-847 is a factor of 50 more, though there
have been reports on how to cheat on that.  So a larger core transformer
might(!) be an issue with respect to saturation.  I didn't test for that.

Alan
WA4SCA