Re: Pryme AL-800

I have been successful at making satellite contacts using an Arrow II
antenna with either my VX-7 or my VX-2. Now the Pryme AL-800 antenna
does not give me good results. And I used the same radio, same location,
just switched antennas, and verified that the Doppler correction was
still good (by reconnecting the Arrow II antenna).

Is there a learning curve using the Pryme AL-800 or is it just that the
Arrow II is so much better? I will be traveling overseas and taking the
Pryme AL-800 would be easier than the Arrow II and its multiple parts.
So if it is more training I need, I have the time to do that. If the
Arrow is so much better, I may just need training in taking it apart and
putting it together quickly enough...

*Amir Findling*, 73 de K9CHP, Syracuse NY

Coordinator, Senior K9 Handler Western New York SearchDogs, Inc
www.wnysearchdogs.org <http://www.wnysearchdogs.org>

NYS Federation of SAR Teams www.nysfedsar.org <http://www.nysfedsar.org/>
1st Special Response Group www.1srg.org <http://www.1srg.org>