FW: Mosley HF Antennas

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Pawlowski [mailto:n2mp@frii.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2006 10:18 AM
To: 'ka5sma@bellsouth.net'
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] Mosley HF Antennas

Hi Mike,

I was a member of the Darley Amateur Radio Club when I was station in
England a few years ago.  The club was using a 67B on a tower at 50'.  The
general consensus was the antenna never performed to its specs.  In
addition, we would have sustained periods of high winds.  The traps were
very susceptible to damage and appeared to be the weak link of the antenna.
After several attempts to repair the traps, we finally decided to replace
the Mosley with a Force 12 5BA.  The Force 12 was an excellent replacement.
We went with the 120 MPH wind loading version of the 5BA to address the wind
situation at our location.  Operating conditions of the Force 12 was a vast
improvement over the Mosley.

Michael A. Pawlowski
Parker, Colorado
http://home.datawest.net/n2mp