TokyoTech's second Cubesat, Cute-1.7 + APD

Lab for space systems at Tokyo Institute of Technology would like
to announce that our second Cubesat satellite "Cute-1.7 + APD"
is going to be launched at 21:28 on 20th February(UTC) by M-V-8(JAXA)
from Uchinoura, Japan.

The satellite carries amateur transmitters and receivers to open
L/U digipeater service named "Cute Digipeater".
Cute Digipeater service does not work soon after launch bacause
electric power management should be confirmed well first.
Operation center at Tokyo is ready to communicate with the satellite,
but actually we will NOT be able to listern to the satellite
for 6~7 hours from launch. We are sincerly welcome your report
to cute1.7_receive@lss.mes.titech.ac.jp.

TLE is going to be obtained on the Cute-1.7 + APD web site
immediately after launch.
http://lss.mes.titech.ac.jp/ssp/cute1.7/howtoreceive_e.html
Downlink frequency is 437.385MHz(CW) and 437.505MHz(9k6 GMSK packet).
CW telemetry can be heard at any time.
Callsign of the satellite is "JQ1YCC".

Cute-1.7 + APD has many missions, for example,
1. Cute Digipeater
2. APD(charged particle detector) demonstration
3. Get Pictures from the orbit
4. Tether deployment
and more.
APD module was developed by science team at Tokyo Tech, and
the data will be open to public. This mission is scheduled
after initial health check.
The satellite will take pictures of the Earth from space and
download them by amateur frequency. The pictures is converted to
jpeg image and divided into some packets. Detailed information
of these missions is being ready to open.

If you have any questions, please send to
cute1.7_question@lss.mes.titech.ac.jp

and, please visit here,
http://lss.mes.titech.ac.jp/ssp/cute1.7/index_e.html

http://lss.mes.titech.ac.jp/ssp/cute1.7/howtoreceive_e.html