RE: LAST report of SuitSat heard??

I know there is normally NOT an interest in nil-copy reports, but here is
mine on account of the special status of Suitsat-1 and interest in how long
it would continue.

Just now, 18-Feb-2006, 22:30 hrs, I had a nice overhead pass that went up to
75 degrees elevation.

Location: Wellington, New Zealand. Approx: -41, -174. Clear sky. No clouds.
Warm 21+ C day.

Keps for Suitsat are 10 hrs, 25 minutes old from Space-Track.org.

Results: Nil heard. No change in FM noise levels.

Antenna: 4-element fox-hunt yagi. Hand held.

Radio: Icon IC-T90A HT. No pre-amp or special arrangments.

This is the SAME setup and method that I have used on other passes, and on
every pass I have attempted with that setup (maybe 7 or so), I have heard a
drop in the FM noise at the peaks of the pass.

On two passes, I have heard a few spoken words. One a young girl in english,
the old was a deep male voice. Did not see, english.

noise. Now NIL.

Regards,
Jim, ZL1TYF
Wellington