Re: Difference between 9600 bps DFM Satellite and 9600 DFM Terrestrial

--- "Christensen, Eric" <CHRISTENSENE@ECU.EDU> wrote:

> Maybe it is too early in the morning but I
> can't fathom the difference between the two and why you would have to go to
> the discriminator for one and not the other.

Hi Eric.

As far as I'm aware, there's no difference between satellite and terrestrial
modes of 9600 baud FSK modulation.

So, unless the manufacturer of the transceiver has already made the necessary
provisions, direct connections to the transmitter varactor and receiver
discriminator are required for proper 9600 baud FSK modulation/demodulation.

73, de John, KD2BD

Visit John on the Web at:

	http://kd2bd.ham.org/
.