Re: sat track

Hi Jim,

I'm using XPhome with 512 mb ram on a 1.2 gig celeron.

SatPC32 is excellent (especially if you plan to do any doppler correction
with your radios). It is well supported and updated. It has the most
accurate doppler correction of any program I have used. I can't say enough
good things about this program.

If you are only interested in tracking/predicting and not rig control, the
free Orbitron on the Amsat site is amazing. I use it for everything except
rig control, where I use the aforementioned SatPC32. All tracking programs
have a bit of a learning curve, Orbitron being one of the easiest.

I have also used:

Nova (nice eye candy, but a bit of a resource hog and doppler not as
accurate, steep learning curve): a bit expensive.

SatScape (slower/clunkier/not as nice a display as Nova, but also free at
Amsat, I think)

LogSat (not well supported, almost never updated, simple to use, fast, nice
displays, a but of a klunky interface): moderately expensive. Not worth the
money any longer.

Hope this helps ya.

73,

...hasan, N0AN