Re: Re: [bod] A web search tool that costs you nothing and generates donations to AMSAT

On 2/14/06, Reicher, James <JReicher@hrblock.com> wrote:
> There's no need to cry about how you can't use the toolbar because you
> don't have Windows.  The distributors of this toolbar have the search
> engine available on their homepage where you can manually select the
> charity of your choice each time you want to search.

Exactly!  There is a lot of arguing going on in this thread just to
prove moot points.  It doesn't matter what OS you have, it doesn't
matter what browser you use.  In fact, you don't HAVE to download
anything for it to work.  Just go to the webpage
http://www.goodsearch.com/ and as long as you're allowing cookies from
their site, you're good to go.  Set it as your browser's home page if
you don't want to download their IE toolbar.  If you have a search
tool in your browser like Firefox does in the upper right hand corner,
you can set that up manually (through MozDev for Firefox) if you don't
trust their own link that does it for you.  Prefer Google?  Bookmark
the site instead.  Or use it to search for Google.  A search is a
search.  If everyone did just 10 searches for whatever on it a day,
this could add up to thousands of dollars in revenue for AMSAT, and it
doesn't cost us one bit of money, just a minute of your time a day.
Try it, whether it be on a Windows machine with IE, surfing with AWeb
on your Amiga, BeOS, HPUX, whatever.  Some are saying why don't we
just donate more to AMSAT instead.  How about we have a competition to
see which will raise more money.  A new donation drive versus the
Goodsearch.  No matter which wins, AMSAT wins with more money to fund
more satellites.

73,
Mark VO1ONE