RE: Radio Amateur Licencing changes in the UK

I think you'll find it's the UK that's trailing behind other countries!

The USA has have 10 year licences (rather than the proposed UK 5 year
license renewal term) since the mid 1990's and Canada has had licence for
life for several years.

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/february2006/ofcom_deregulates_amateur_radio.htm

73 Trevor M5AKA
Daily Amateur Radio RSS News Service: http://www.southgatearc.org/