Radio Amateur Licencing changes in the UK

Dear Amsat'eers

Thought I would bring to  your attention some current changes about to happen
in the UK with regard to  reforms on the licensing of UK radio amateur. I
wonder if America and Canada are  going to follow suit?

Chris
GW6KZZ

In a recent e-mail from  Ofcom (14/Feb/2006)...

Ofcom today announced the reform of amateur radio  licensing which is
intended to reduce the administrative burden on the UK’s  63,000 amateur radio users.

The full statement can be found  at:

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/aradio/statement/