Re: Re: [bod] A web search tool that costs you nothing and generates donations to AMSAT

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 04:40:48PM -0500, Tom Clark, K3IO (ex W3IWI) wrote:
> Gunther Meisse wrote:
> >AMSAT is pleased to announce certification of AMSAT by GoodSearch. This web
> Gunther -- GOODSEARCH only works with Microsoft's Internet Explorer and
> Windoze. Those of us who use Mozilla, Opera, LINUX or MAC OS-X are
> unable to participate.

Firefox, konqueror and FreeBSD as well.

Furthermore, most security experts will tell you to deinstall IE
in favour of Firefox, including the u.s. government.

http://www.internetnews.com/security/article.php/3374931

June 29, 2004
US-CERT: Beware of IE
By Ryan Naraine

The U.S. government's Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT)
is warning Web surfers to stop using Microsoft's Internet Explorer
(IE) browser.

Seems to me, that this was a well meaning but bad decision.

Perhaps some other arrangments can be made?

- 73 Diane VA3DB

--
- db@db.net http://www.db.net/~db