Re: Re: [bod] A web search tool that costs you nothing and generates donations to AMSAT

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 04:40:48PM -0500, Tom Clark, K3IO (ex W3IWI) wrote:
> Gunther Meisse wrote:
> >AMSAT is pleased to announce certification of AMSAT by GoodSearch. This web
> Gunther -- GOODSEARCH only works with Microsoft's Internet Explorer and
> Windoze. Those of us who use Mozilla, Opera, LINUX or MAC OS-X are
> unable to participate.

Firefox, konqueror and FreeBSD as well.

Furthermore, most security experts will tell you to deinstall IE
in favour of Firefox, including the u.s. government.

June 29, 2004
US-CERT: Beware of IE
By Ryan Naraine

The U.S. government's Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT)
is warning Web surfers to stop using Microsoft's Internet Explorer
(IE) browser.

Seems to me, that this was a well meaning but bad decision.

Perhaps some other arrangments can be made?

- 73 Diane VA3DB

- db@db.net http://www.db.net/~db