Re: AMSAT-UK ANNOUNCE NEW SATELLITE TRANSPONDER PROJECT

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the email. The team is very excited and lots of ideas are being
worked through to make sure we have the correct balance between innovative
and kiss principles!

At this time we are hoping that there will be plenty of DC power available
to us to enable the generation of at least 9 watts of RF (maybe more) but as
we are not expecting any active thermal control system to be available (no
heat pipes for instance) our limitation may be actually be a thermal one.

I agree about fast forwarding to 2008 but not too fast please - we still
have lots of work to do..

73
Graham G3VZV and the AMSAT-UK ESEO team