Re: Satellite Naming Policy Review Committee - Proposal

Bill,

Please count me in.  You may contact me at al7cr@amasat.org

I am really tired of hearing about the great publicity generated by a
piece of space junk with an experiment attached that DID NOT FUNCTION.
How many happy school children copied Suitsat?

I think a number should be awarded for a sat that communicates over the
amateur bands for a reasonable period of time and for some purpose other
than publicity.

The ones that do not function should not get numbers in my opinion.
Perhaps there should be a "nice try" series for failed experiments.
Recognition should be given for accomplishment not effort in a failure.

AL7CR