Re: 38K4 modem and S-band

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Glasbrenner" <glasbrenner@mindspring.com>
To: <wa4ivm@amsat.org>; "amsat-bb" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 10:14 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] 38K4 modem and S-band

> Just as clarification, week after next will be 9k6, not 38k4. From the
> command team page:
>
> Feb 20
> 9k6 Digital, V/U, High Power, PBP BBS (Pacsat Broadcast Protocol BBS)
> TLM Data Active, Digipeater ON
> Uplink: 145.860 mhz FM, 9k6 PBP Digital
> Downlink: 435.150 mhz FM, 9k6 PBP Digital
> Digipeater will be Turned ON
>
> Personally, I'd suggest a K5GNA Transystems downconverter. They are the
> best plug and play dc dollar for dollar.

Are these downconverters actually still available? I got the impression
looking at the website that he sold through E-bay and when you go to E-bay,
it states that he has no items for sale.  I am looking into getting a
downconverter also and I've looked into the commerciallly available ones
like the KEPS and the DEM but it would be great to get a surplus one at a
better price.
 I was offered a cal amp at a good price but I wasn't sure I was ready to
change out a crystal in it so I went back to looking at the commercial
units.
Michael, W4HIJ