Re: SUITSAT TELEMETRY UPDATE #2 from N2SPI

This really is very nice copy.  Richard, could you please describe your
station?  Is your QRZ.com information current?

It is as clear as a new piece of window pane that all of the copy/fading
problems are antenna design related.  The attitude of the suit/antenna
in relation to your station became optimized for the duration of that
recording.

The temperature of the batteries was <<NEVER>> close to freezing.  The
batteries are, and have been, 11-13 C or 54 F.  The batteries continue
to be in excellent shape and in fact,  were probably UNDERESTIMATED by
the builders of SuitSat.  But of course,  in their defense please recall
that "daring risk takers" in the current space environment told the
builders NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and then "Oh, Okay, you have 3 weeks to
build this before delivery".  I gotta tell you,  I consider their
achievement remarkable.  The PIC microcontrollers provided through the
good offices of Steve Bible, a long time PIC officionado and now
employed by Microchip,  seem to be doing their job well.

I don't know about you but my admiration for all that has been
accomplished here under nearly impossible conditions is pretty remarkable.

Bob
N4HY